The University Grants Commission has realized that universities and colleges have a sizeable pool of instruments and modern electronic hardware which will increase with time and will therefore need to be properly maintained for their efficient and effective use. So, the commission gives emphasis on building capacity to maintain instruments and modern electronic hardware in the higher education and implemented IMF Scheme. Under this scheme, in the year 2008 IMF Cell was set-up which is headed by the Professor-in-Charge, P.G. Department of Physics. As per the guidelines of the UGC, a technician was appointed in the year 2010. The Commission provided essential tools for repairing of equipment and maintenance of electronic hardware under XIth Plan (Merged Scheme).
Aims and Objectives
- Provides effective and economical services in the repair and maintenance of scientific instruments and electronic hardware.
- Satisfies the users of instruments and electronic hardware regarding the quality of service.
- The UGC sanctioned Rupees 21 Lakhs under XI th Plan (Merged Scheme) in 2007-2008.
- The UGC sanctioned an amount of Rupees 10 Lakhs under XII th Plan in 2014
- Professor-in-Charge 2008 onwards.
- Technician was appointed in January 2010 and continued till March 2012. After that as per the UGC norms and conditions, the post of technician has been abolished.