Since inception of the university, focus has been laid down on promoting socio cultural activities and competitions through Berhampur University Choir/ Orchestra. One faculty member usually is appointed as Director/ Cultural Coordinator to facilitate in conducting the events/ competitions among the bonafide student participants. There is an Advisory Committee to guide, assist and prepare budget and modus operandi in conducting various cultural activities under the direct supervision and coordination of the Cultural Coordinator. Every year the Cultural Coordinator organizes the Inter-College cultural competitions among the student participants from various affiliated colleges to Berhampur University on 15-20 events. Then the University contingent shall be constituted to take part in Inter University Zonal Youth Festival which is organized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi in collaboration with one of the Universities. The University organized for the first time the East Zone Inter-University Youth Festival during 17-21, December, 1991. Sponsored by the Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India., Berhampur University successfully organized 30th Central Zone Youth Festival during November, 25-29, 2014.
Aims and Objectives
- Promote socio cultural skill development through different events.
- Promote fellowship, brotherhood among participating students from different colleges and universities.
- Bring out an exposure to various special skills including holistic personality development.
- Achieve the goal of “Unity in Diversity” through conducting such Youth Festivals.
Activities at a Glance during 2010-2015
- Inter College Competition on 13.11. 2011. Competition on 08 events was organized.
- Organized Winter Fest -2012 during 5th-7th January, 2012.
- Inter College Competition during November 11th-12th 2014. competition on 15 events was organized.
- 30th Inter University Central Zone Youth Festival organized during November 25th-19th 2014. Competitions on 25 events were organized among 729 participants from 22 Universities of India.
- Cultural Coordinator extended help and guidance to the Student’s Union, Berhampur University in organizing different talent contest March 2015.