The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes for every accredited institution to have an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to periodically assess and suggest measures to upgrade the quality in the overall performance of an academic institution. With this objective in mind Berhampur University has formed an IQAC to ensure continuous quality enhancement and sustenance in its academic as well administrative activities. As quality improvement is a continuous process the IQAC has been playing a vital role in the post-accreditation phase of Berhampur University as it is committed to achieve academic excellence.
Berhampur University has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in the year 07.12.2007 as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. The Cell comprises of different committees to assess, monitor, and advise on different quality aspects of the overall functioning of the University.
An Advisory Committee has been formed with the following members to meet at regular intervals, critically assess the academic performance and provide input so as to improve upon.
• External Members:
- Dr. Pradeep Panigrahy, Hon’ble MLA and Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Government of Odisha
- Er. P.K. Panigrahy, Executive Director, Gopalpur Ports Ltd.
- Principal, M.K.C.G. Medical College, Berhampur
• Administrative Officers: Regisrar
- Professor Prasanta Kumar Padhy - Chairman, Post Graduate Council
- Prof. Aparajita Chowdhury – Dept. of Home Science
- Prof. Jayaram Pradhan – Dept. of Computer Science
- Prof. Debi Prasanna Patnaik – Dept. of Odia
- Prof. Jinendra.Nath Mahanty - Dept. of Political Science
- Prof. Rabindra. Kishore Mishra – Dept. of Electronic Science
- Prof. Subasini Patnaik – Dept. of Zoology
- Dr. Manas Ranjan Patra – Dept. of Computer Science
NAAC Steering Committee
- Coordinator: Prof. Aparajita Chowdhury – Dept. of Home Science
- Additional Coordinator: Prof. Pratap Kumar Mohanty.
- Associate Coordinator: Prof. Satyabrata Patro
- Prof. Prasanta Kumar Padhy – Chairman Post Graduate Council, BU
- Prof. Ashok Kumar Mohanty – Registrar, BU
- Prof. Jinendranath Mohanty – Dept. of Political Science
- Prof. Rabindra Kishore Mishra – Dept of Electronic Science
- Dr. Manas Ranjan Patro – Director Computer Centre
- Dr. Arun Kumar Pnada – Dept. of Business Administration
- Dr. Chapala Das – Dept of Physics
- Dr. Prasanna Kumar Dixit – Dept. of Zoology
- Dr. Roshni Kujur – Dept. of Political Science
- Dr. Prafulla Dalai – OIC Works
- Dr. Bapuji Samal – Deputy Registrar
- To evolve a quality assurance system for the sustenance and enhancement of academic and administrative performance of Berhampur University.
- To adopt best practices and quality culture in order to build a healthy academic ambience.
- To dissemination information relating to various quality parameters for improving institutional performance.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- To develop quality parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the University and evolve means to achieve them
- To facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment to impart quality education
- To encourage faculty training for enhancing their knowledge and teaching skill for effective teaching
- To gather feedback from students, parents and other stakeholders in order to take remedial measures to maintain quality
- To organize seminars and workshops on quality related themes for creating awareness among stakeholders
- To document various activities of the University
- To prepare the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA) in the prescribed format;
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API based Performance Appraisal System (PBAS). In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually
- To propose quality parameters and suggest means of achieving those for the overall quality development of the University
- To involve in any other activity as advised by the Vice-Chancellor and authorities of higher education
- The Universities shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC. Similarly, the Colleges shall regularly submit AQARs to Berhampur University and other appropriate accreditation bodies.
- The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of BU (such as Academic Council, Senate, Syndicate) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The IQAC will upload its activities in the University website regularly.
Berhampur University is committed to provide qualitative, diversified and socially relevant education to all its students with their varied talents and capabilities. It helps the students who come into the ambit of the University environment, to realize their potential by catering to their needs and rendering all necessary support. The University always strives to improve and sustain the quality of the academic programmes as well as the core student activities. The University endeavors to provide equal opportunities to each and every student without any discrimination. The prime aim of the University is to see that every student has equal access to competent, and qualitative teaching which leads to vibrant academic, social and personal growth on the campus and off the campus. The University seeks the co-operation of the student community to maintain a conducive academic environment and to enrich the University community life.
Responsibilities towards its students
Berhampur University, one of the oldest and most reputed Universities in Odisha, aims to provide the students:
- Transparent admission procedures while seeking admission into different courses.
- Well furnished, well-maintained, hygienic accommodation in its hostels.
- A congenial environment to ensure welfare, health, safety and quality social life.
- A comprehensive and suitable system of support services.
- A continuous and objective evaluation of the students and also student evaluation of the teachers.
- An opportunity to participate in the decision-making process by being nominated as members of the Senate.
- Adequate opportunity to represent their issues in the Senate and in the University Student Union.
- Timely conduct of examinations and declaration of results as per schedule.
- Efficient, objective and accessible administrative practices.
- Access to necessary training to use modern technologies of learning.
- Opportunities to pursue further studies vertically and horizontally.
- Late evening-access to the University Main Library.
- Opportunity to participate throughout the year in literary, cultural and sports programmes.
- A well conceived and effective complaint-redressal mechanism.
- Berhampur University seeks student cooperation and requests the students to help in achieving the set goals and upholding the rich traditions and values of the University. The students of the University are expected to:
- Appreciate the University goals and objectives and contribute to their realisation by participating in relevant institutional activities.
- Have a clear knowledge of the programmes, admission policies, rules and regulations of the University.
- Understand the teaching, learning strategies and evaluation systems of the University.
- Follow the time schedules, rules and regulations of the University.
- Undertake regular and intense study of learning materials.
- Make optimum use of the learning resources and other support services available in the University.
- Prepare for continuous internal assignments and term-end examinations
- Give feedback for system improvement
- Live as worthy alumni of the institution
IQAC Proceedings and Forms
Address for Correspondence
Internal Quality Assurance (IQAC) / NAAC Cell, Berhampur University, Bhanja Bihar, Berhampur 760007 (ODISHA)
University Grants Commission(UGC), New Delhi
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)