Dr. (Mrs). Niyati Misra
1.1 Master Degree (M.A./M.Sc.)
The Department offers two-year-Master degree in Mathematics.
The Post Graduate curriculum is reoriented in consonance with modern developments following the guidelines of U.G.C. Though the emphasis remains on strengthening Pure Mathematics background of the students, topics on Applied Mathematics are also introduced in the curriculum as special papers.
1.1.2 How to Enter into the Course Programme
For admission into M.A. / M.Sc. course the applicant must have passed +3 Arts/Science Examination securing given percentage of marks as prescribed in the prospectus from time to time.
M.A./M.Sc. course 11.00 a.m to 04.30 p.m.
The Department has been offering M.Phil programme since 1978 to acquaint the students with advanced areas of research in Mathematics.
For admission into M. Phil in Mathematics programme the applicant must satisfy the following:
• Be a Post Graduate in Mathematics securing given percentage of marks as prescribed in the prospectus
• Appear and qualify an Entrance Examination conducted by the University
• Appear and qualify in a Viva voce/Interview conducted by the Department
1.3.3 Curriculum / Syllabi
M.Phil programme 10.30 a.m to 04.30 p.m.
The Department also offers research programme leading to Ph. D degree. The major thrust area of research is Complex Analysis, Operations Research , Summability, Sequence spaces, Fourier Series, Differential and & integral Equations, Relativity and Cosmology.
A candidate in order to enroll for Ph. D. must be a Post Graduate or above in Mathematics securing given percentage of marks as per the prospectus and has to qualify any one of the following:
• University Research Entrance Test
• CSIR-UGC NET
• Award of DST-INSPIRE fellowship /NBHM fellowship /RGN fellowship /MAN fellowship
• Viva voce/Interview
1.1.4 Course Schedule
• Pre-Doctoral programme is offered in one semester having two theory papers of 100 marks each.
Class room teaching and guidance: 10.30 a. m. to 04.30 p.m.
The programme is conducted as per the guidelines of regulations of the University.